|Dates||Wed 7 Mar 2018 - Wed 9 May 2018|
|Venue||Regional Tour (None)|
REGIONAL TOUR Pieter Rossouw
Adj/Prof Pieter Rossouw Regional Tour 2018
"I was wondering how this rather dry topic could be delivered to a group of Early Childhood Educators, well OUTSTANDING is the only word I can use to describe this presentation."
This workshop will provide an overview of neural development pre- and postnatally and how the environment shapes the neural development. Aspects of the workshop:
• The biological elements that shape development,
• The microbiome theory (allergies and food)
• Social elements and health in rural areas
• Development of social relationships
• Physical elements (housing, violence, substances, and trauma)
• The Early Childhood and Primary School settings as "enriched environments" (This is US!)
• The Early Childhood/Primary School Teacher - the making of a more effective "ME"!
The workshop will be interactive and provides some time to cement information rather than classical lecture style.
Prof Pieter J Rossouw MClin Psych, PhD, MAPS, FCCLP, MIACN
Pieter is the Director of Mediros Clinical Solutions, The BRAINGro Institute and The Neuropsychotherapy Institute - companies that provide training and conduct research in Neurobiology and Neuropsychotherapy. Pieter is also an Adjunct Professor in Brain Based Education at Central Queensland University (CQU) and the President of The International Association of Clinical Neuropsychotherapy (IACN). Currently he focuses on teaching and research in the fields of neurobiology and neuropsychotherapy as well as clinical training for clinicians, psychologists and general practitioners.
Age range taught: All | Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 1,2,3,4,6,7 | NQS Quality Areas: 1,2,5,7
Testimonials from ECTA Conference
99% of delegates rated Pieter's ECTA Conference presentation as Excellent or Very Good
'A professor with a sense of humour. Loved it. Absolutely brilliant! Everyone in EC and in the education department should hear this presentation. Very interesting with no dull moments. Fascinating content, with some wit thrown in! He made a boring topic interesting. He was amazing!'
'Outstanding! It was a welcome change to have someone who spoke to us as intelligent professionals instead of 'dumbing down' the content as though teachers know nothing. Pieter was one of the best speakers I have ever seen, and I would love to attend more sessions with him.'
$25 ECTA QLD
$35 ECTA Regional group
$70 Non-member (we recommend you join and save)
$20 Parents (non EC professional and no certificate issued)
DATES & TIMES (3 hours plus 30 minute break)
Contact your regional group to register.
Each session is 3.5 hours (includes 30 minute break in middle)
Gympie Wednesday 7th March 4:30pm RSL
Hervey Bay Thursday 8th March 4pm
Mackay Saturday 17th March
Toowoomba Tuesday 20 March (5pm)
Cairns Tuesday 27th March 5pm
Townsville Wednesday 28th March 5pm James Cook University
Brisbane North Tuesday 17 April 5pm
Rocky (and Yeppoon in Rocky) Tuesday 8th May 4pm
Biloela Wednesday 9th May 4pm
Gladstone Thursday 10th May 4pm
- ECTA Biloela Regional Group - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECTA Brisbane North Regional Group - Email: email@example.com
- ECTA Cairns Regional Group - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECTA Cooloola Regional Group (Gympie) - Email: email@example.com
- ECTA Fitzroy Regional Group (Rockhampton) - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECTA Gladstone Regional Group - Email: email@example.com
- ECTA Hervey Bay Regional Group - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECTA Logan Regional Group - Email: email@example.com
- ECTA Mackay Regional Group - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECTA Toowoomba Regional Group - Email: email@example.com
- ECTA Townsville Regional Group - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org